Peppermint evokes thoughts of sweet menthol aroma like candy canes at Christmas time. This fresh cool scent, distilled from the leaves of the plant species Mentha piperita, is one of the most widely used essential oils in aromatherapy and is described as energizing and refreshing. Although there is promising research with peppermint essential oil aromatherapy and relief from symptoms of indigestion, nausea and vomiting, evidence of relief from other ailments is primarily antidotal at this time.
Here are the top 5 therapeutic aromatherapy benefits of peppermint essential oil*:
- Headaches – help relieve symptoms of a headache by applying Peppermint Foot Balm to temples and pressure points of wrists.
- Nausea – combine peppermint and lavender essential oils, as in the Lavender Mint Body Icing, to calm stomach discomfort.
- Sleepiness – for an invigorating boost when you’re feeling tired, spritz Mint Revival Aromatherapy Mist into the air.
- Pain – slip feet into an Herbal Foot Soak and then massage the day’s pain and stress away with Peppermint Foot Balm.
- Respiratory congestion – sprinkle a warm bath with Candy Cane Bath Crystals and breath deeply as the body relaxes. Moisturize arms and chest throughout the day with Candy Cane Hand & Body Lotion.
Incorporate peppermint spa products into your skincare routine for potential therapeutic benefits or to relish in the energizing bouquet. Whatever your reason for choosing peppermint infused products, Lemongrass Spa Products provides a variety to meet your needs, including the limited edition Candy Cane Collection, available through January 15, 2015....