Lemongrass Spa Blog
Back to School Basics A to Z
Whether you are attending your first day of High School or going back to earn your degree in your 50’s, there are basic lessons to learn about makeup. Makeup styles and application techniques may change, but the fundamentals will always be the same. So read on to BRUSH up on some basics.
- Apply your foundation below the jawline and…
- Blend gently down your neck to avoid the “mask” effect.
- Clean your brushes once a month with Tea Tree Soap and let air dry with the brush end up.
- Define your eyes with a deep color in the crease, medium on the lid and light on the brow bone.
- Eye shadow can turn into eyeliner by dipping your eyeliner brush in water and then into the powder.
- Finishing your look with Mineral Setting Spray will hydrate your skin and set your makeup.
- Get plenty of rest and stay hydrated. Your skin will love you for it.
- Highlight the areas of your face you want to bring out (i.e. brow bone, apples of cheeks, chin and nose)
- Illuminate dull looking skin with a quick dusting of bronzer.
- Just try it!! If you see a look you like, don't be afraid to try it. Makeup washes off.
- Kaolin clay in the mineral veils will help absorb oil all day.
- Lashes will appear thicker and longer if you dust a little matte veil on them before mascara application.
- Merlot and Marsala. Any questions?
- Neutralize red areas with green concealer. It is the opposite on the color wheel and will conceal the redness
- Open the eye with a touch of white diamond in the inside corner.
- Primer, serum, foundation and SPF all in one: BB Crème!
- Quench your lips. Use our Exfoliating Lip Polish and Nourishing Lip Butter Lip Butter before your lipstick or gloss for a smoother application.
- Recede an area of your face by contouring with a shade slightly darker than your skin. (i.e. hollows of cheeks, under chin, eyelid crease
- Save your empty eye shadow or blush jars for a couple of squirts of BB crème to throw in your purse for on-the-go beauty.
- Try dipping your foundation brush first in BB crème and then in Mineral foundation for a full coverage airbrushed look.
- Undecided? Get all your basics in a Sheer Minerals Starter Kit.
- Veil before makeup creates a smooth canvas. Veil after makeup sets and finishes the look.
- When in doubt…Perfect Pout. It looks great on everyone!
- X marks the spot! Use a lip liner to make an X at your cupids bow to perfect your pout. Follow up with lipstick.
- You deserve Fresh. Clean & Natural with Sheer Minerals!
- Zip up all your favorites in our Black Fabric Cosmetic Bag with Lemongrass Spa logo.
Did I miss your favorite makeup basic? Let me know in the comments.