Lemongrass Spa Blog
5 Holiday Makeup Trends to Brighten Up the Season
Hello, Natural Beauties! It’s the holiday season and time for parties and gatherings of friends, family, co-workers and clients. This year, instead of doing your everyday makeup routine for that special occasion or spa party, I challenge you to step out of the box! It’s makeup…it washes off. Try something new! If you normally do a neutral eye, try a dramatic cat eye! If your lip color du jour is always Princess Pearl Organic Lipstick, I dare you to try Cocoa Berry! But choose one or the other: a dramatic eye and a neutral lip OR a dramatic lip and a neutral eye is the way to go. Pinterest is a veritable treasure trove of makeup instruction.
Find a look you like, send the family to a movie, get out your Sheer Minerals and PLAY! Or better yet, have a holiday Sheer Minerals open house. Have each guest as they arrive pull one of our 12 eye instruction cards out of a festive holiday gift box or stocking and then create that look on themselves! Take before and after pictures and have fun!
Here are some 2014 holiday trends to keep you on the edge of fashion when putting together your Holiday Party look:
- Long locks with braids or romantic spiral curls. Have short hair? You can purchase clip-in extensions at most accessory shops for a quick and fun transformation.
- Jewel tones. Take a look at a color wheel and choose a color on the opposite side of your eye color for a wow factor. Blue-eyed babes pop in bronzes and copper tones, green-eyed gals glow in reds and plums, and brown-eyed bombshells are brilliant in blues. This is a good rule of thumb when choosing clothing as well as Sheer Minerals eye shadows!
- Thick brows. Following the natural arch of your eyebrows and just outside of their natural boundaries, fill and shape brows with one of our Sheer Minerals eye shadows that matches, or is slightly darker than your natural brow color. Very lightly dampen your eyeliner brush so the color sets and stays put.
- Dramatic “false” eyelashes. Create this look easily with very light dusting of Sheer Minerals Matte Veil and an application of Organic Mascara in Matte Brown or Matte Black over top. More drama? Lightly dust a second time after the first has dried and repeat. Move your mascara wand back and forth as you apply to avoid clumping and “spider legs.”
- Bold full lip. If you are choosing to highlight your lips rather than your eyes, line your lips with one of our three beautiful Sheer Minerals Natural Lip Liners on the outermost edge of your lips, avoiding going outside of the edge too much. Apply your favorite shade of Organic Lipstick with the lip brush included in your Eight Piece Bamboo Brush Set. Cocoa Berry Organic Lipstick complements all skin tones. There is a reason it is one of our best-selling shades—it is stunning! For staying power, place a piece of tissue over the freshly applied color and dust over the tissue with Matte Veil using your Foundation Brush. If lipstick is not your personal preference, choose a Sheer Minerals Organic Lip Gloss shade that suits your look. The shine can add a fuller look to your lip. Plum Spice is a beautiful holiday shade. If your eyes are the focus, a neutral lip color like Bare Champagne topped with Stardust Organic Lip Gloss will allow your eyes to take center stage without denying your lips from being in the spotlight as well.
Have a safe, fun and BEAUTIFUL Holiday Season!
What is your favorite holiday makeup trend or tip? Please share in the comments below.