Lemongrass Spa Blog
Let's Mix It Up A Little!!!
Hello Natural Beauties!
Have you ever been reading a magazine and spotted a color of eye shadow you wish we carried? Me too! So here’s what I did…I mixed it up!
Loose minerals are so versatile! Unlike pressed eye shadows and blushes, with loose Sheer Minerals makeup you can add a little of this to a little of that and create your own custom palette. A bronzer with foundation, an eye shadow mixed with a blush, whatever you want. One of my favorite springtime combinations is the Ballerina Pink and Gold Rush mixed together. It creates an ethereal iridescent peach. Don’t be shy about mixing minerals from different categories: veils, foundations, blushes, bronzers and eye shadows. Sheer Minerals are all made of essentially the same ingredients. You can even create a custom lip color by combining your Lemongrass Spa Lip Butter with any color of the Sheer Minerals Rainbow.
Don’t worry about the mess. Purchase a Minerals Mates Mixing & Application Tray and create to your heart’s content. Mineral powders blend together best when shaken, so tap or scoop a small amount into one of the reservoirs of your Minerals Mates palette, put the lid on and shake back and forth gently. As Sheer Mineral users know, a little goes a long way, so if you are mixing up a new fabulous shade of eye shadow, a little dab will do.
Some of my favorite combinations are:
- Sheer Minerals foundation and bronzer for an all over glow, perfect for spring and summer. Even BB crème will mix well with a little bronzer!
- Sheer Minerals blush with a small tap of bronzer for warmer sun-kissed cheeks.
- As mentioned above, Ballerina Pink and Gold Rush.
- Azul mixed with White Diamond for a baby blue.
- To achieve a gorgeous spring Lemongrass green, mix Emerald Isle with Gold Rush.
So have fun with it! “Tap” into your creative side! Mix it up!
I would love to hear about some of YOUR favorite creations in the comments below.