Lemongrass Spa Blog
How to Fit 5 5-Minute Spa Treatments into a Busy Schedule
Be kind to yourself. Sounds simple, doesn’t it? While we’d all enjoy luxuriating in a warm bath or pampering our skin with our favorite spa treatments, most days are too hectic for this fantasy. We’re sharing 5 ways to incorporate self-care spa treatments into your busy, daily life - all you need is 5 minutes!
A foot spa softens skin and relaxes tired, achy limbs.
While adjusting the shower temperature to your liking, close the drain to the bathtub and sprinkle a couple tablespoons of Foot Soak or Mineral Bath Soak into the water. Try Herbal Foot Soak or Spearmint Eucalyptus Mineral Bath Soak in the morning to start the day refreshed and inhale the calming aroma of lavender and vanilla with the Mineral Bath Soak in the evening. If you have a few extra minutes, sit on the edge of the tub and scrub away dry skin with Walnut Foot Scrub or your go-to body polish.
Another option is soaking your feet while little ones are bathing. Sprinkle Lavender Vanilla Mineral Bath Soak in their bath water, sit on the edge of the tub and wiggle your toes along with theirs in the warm water.
Facials keep complexion radiant and fresh by clarifying skin, replenishing nutrients and increasing hydration.
- Facial Mask One a week, apply the creamy Pomegranate or Detoxifying Charcoal Facial Mask to cleansed skin. Wash the dishes, take out the trash or fold clothes. Once you’ve completed your task, rinse, moisturize and you’re done.
- Facial Massage Stimulating facial muscles with regular massaging increases circulation, relieves tension and is the anti-aging ingredient you may be missing. Plus, a facial massage helps lull you into a state of relaxation. Try these three easy steps to get started:
- Using Green Tea Antioxidant or Organic Anti Aging Serum, gently begin massaging upward from neck; when you reach your jawline, use your index and middle fingers plus thumb in a pinching motion from ears to chin and back to ears.
- Place pads of the first three fingers of each hand in the middle of forehead and sweep fingers out toward temples. Repeat a couple times.
- Add a drop of Eye Crème to fingers and beginning at the inner corners of eyes, sweep fingers along brow bone, lightly apply pressure. Use the same technique to massage along bone under eyes.
Whether you’re a parent, student, professional or all three, your hands are your tools of the trade and you’re probably washing them multiple times each day. Remedy rough hands with a hand spa.
Set one of your sinks up with three products: hand wash, body polish and lotion. Cleanse with Prebiotic Hand Wash or Foaming Liquid Soap, exfoliate with Body Polish and hydrate with Hand & Body Lotion, Body Crème or Body Icing. A Metal Caddy Organizer keeps items tidy and takes up little room.
Consider one of these combinations to transport your mind for a few minutes:
- Peaceful Lavender Mint Prebiotic Hand Wash, Lavender Mint Body Polish and Lavender Mint Body Icing
- Invigorating Spearmint Eucalyptus Foaming Liquid Soap, Mandarin Orange Body Polish and Spearmint Eucalyptus Hand & Body Lotion
- Purifying Tea Tree & Citrus Prebiotic Hand Wash, Unscented Body Polish and Ultra Hydrating Body Crème
Americans spend an average of 17,600 minutes per year or 48 minutes per day driving, according to 2016 survey by the AAA Foundation of Traffic Safety. Make the most of this time by adding beneficial aromatherapy to your daily commutes.
Plug in your Car Diffuser and…
…Energize and prepare for the day with Sweet Orange, Mint Revival or Energize Essential Oils.
…Unwind and refresh after a long or stressful day with Lemongrass, Lavender or Immune Boost Essential Oils.
What are your tips for incorporating spa treatments into your daily routine? Let me know in the comments! Click here to shop for your home spa products.