Lemongrass Spa Blog
Benefits of Botanical and Anti Aging Complexes
Maintaining dewy, youthful skin is considered the number one skincare concern for most women. Vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and other nutrients are needed to maintain skin’s suppleness and luminosity, and Lemongrass Spa offers two anti-aging botanical blends to meet these needs.
Most people require a daily face crème to help balance and maintain hydration, regardless of skin type. While using a crème formulated for the body won’t harm your face, you’re missing out on the anti-aging benefits of a concentrated formula made with specific skincare concerns in mind. We offer face crèmes formulated for normal, dry and oily/blemished skin, and each recipe is enhanced with a botanical blend to target fine lines, uneven skin tone, rough texture and other signs of aging. If you’ve been struggling with finding a skincare routine, Lemongrass Spa’s resident licensed esthetician, Lauren Wilkerson, can help you determine your skin type (click to read more).
Botanical Complex found in the Face Crème with Botanicals, Gentle Face Crème, Tea Tree Face Crème and Original Cucumber Eye Crème with Witch Hazel includes:
- Calendula Flower Extract: Used for centuries in wound care due to purported anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antiseptic and antimicrobial properties; believed to assist in skin's consumption of proteins and collagen production.
- Chamomile Flower Extract: Soothes and neutralizes inflamed skin and used in the treatment of skin conditions such as eczema dermatitis.
- Rose Extract: Cleansing and astringent properties help calm dry and sensitive skin.
- White Willow Bark Extract: The primary active compound in white willow bark is salicin. In the body, salicin can be converted into salicylic acid, which has powerful effects as an anti-inflammatory and pain-reliever.
- Red Clover Extract: High concentration of vitamin C and minerals such as niacin, phosphorous and magnesium help reduce redness and itching from minor skin irritations.
- Elderflower Extract: Packed with powerful antioxidants to fight free radical damage; used for anti-aging, smoothing skin tone, reducing redness and dry skin.
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride: Mix of fatty acids derived from coconut oil and vegetable glycerin used to prevent and restore moisture loss.
- Bulgarian Lavender: Lavender has a long history of use in skin care including treating burns and rashes due to a variety of restorative properties such as anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antibacterial.
- Rose Geranium: Helps balance oil production, improve circulation to skin, works as an antiseptic and anti-inflammatory and is often used in the treatment of acne, bruises, burns, cuts, dermatitis and eczema.
- Carrot Seed Oil: Stimulates circulation and toxin removal, which helps improve elasticity, plus has antiviral and antiseptic properties to help fight blemishes.
Outside of a balanced diet, serums are the perfect delivery system for providing the nutrients your skin needs. Serums apply a concentrated dose of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to the skin. Light and fast absorbing, these elixirs penetrate the inner layers of the dermis for a lasting effect and can be used with all skin types. Lemongrass Spa enhances its Green Tea Antioxidant and Organic Anti Aging Serums with an essential oil blend and anti aging complex to boost the rejuvenating effects. There are visible benefits of daily use of serum including softer, suppler skin, smoother appearance and natural vibrancy. Customers who have used the serums have noticed an improvement of overall elasticity of skin and less dryness, even in cold weather when used regularly. The Green Tea Antioxidant is a favorite among those with oily prone skin types and Organic Anti Aging (Oil) Serum is the preference for normal to dry skin types.
Essential Oil and Anti Aging Complex
- Rosemary Essential Oil: A natural toner to help balance skin and reduce dryness.
- Spearmint Essential Oil: Menthol provides antiseptic properties, which can help heal skin ulcerations.
- Peppermint Essential Oil: Stimulating effect increases blood flow, carrying oxygen to the skin. It also has antiseptic properties that can reduce skin irritation and dryness.
- Basil Essential Oil: Source of vitamin A, magnesium and iron to support improved skin tone. Basil oil is used to treat minor skin irritations in alternative medicine.
- Thyme Essential Oil: Commonly used for antiseptic and antibacterial properties to help with wound care. A small research study concludes thyme may be more effective in treating acne than traditional medicines.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Soothes minor skin irritations such as eczema and psoriasis and is used in holistic treatment of acne.
- Omega-3: Essential fatty acids and antioxidants extracted from fruit and nut seed oils to reduce the signs of aging and improve skin elasticity.
- D-Limonene: Oil from the rinds of citrus fruits (lemons, oranges); used to help serum penetrate the skin.
- Glycerol Monooleate: A naturally occurring ester of glycerin and oleic acid. It is produced from oils that contain high concentrations of oleic acid, such as olive oil, peanut oil, teaseed oil or pecan oil. It forms a protective layer on the skin to reduce moisture loss and leaves skin smooth and soft.
- Fulvic Acid: Organic electrolyte derived humus (organic material that forms in soil or water when organic matter decomposes); one of the most powerful natural antioxidants known; also anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. There is no known synthetic equivalent to fulvic acid.
- Kaolin Clay: Naturally occurring clay used to help skin absorb serum.
- Astaxanthin: A carotenoid extracted from the marine algae haematococcus pluvialis, the richest known source for this natural pigment. It is astaxanthin that makes salmon its red color and one of the most powerful antioxidants known to man. In penetrating the skin and protecting each dermal layer from damage, astaxanthin helps reduce moisture loss, promote smoothness, and elicit cellular renewal. Analyses have shown that astaxanthin is also an efficient absorber of specific ultraviolet sunlight rays that may contribute to skin aging and cancer.
- Sodium Bicarbonate: A very small amount of baking soda is used to thicken and balance the pH of the formulation.
- Citric Acid: Derived from crystalized fruit sugars; a natural alpha hydroxy that promotes cell turnover and regrowth.
Each of these mighty anti-aging blends is designed to revitalize and replenish skin by delivering a dose of nourishment and hydration to the skin. Adults of all ages can benefit from choosing one or more of these complexion-boosting formulas to assist in combating the signs of aging.