Lemongrass Spa Blog
Add A Little 'Bling' to Your Holiday & New Year's Looks
Hello Natural Beauties,
It’s time to say goodbye to another year! But don’t say goodbye without leaving a little sparkle as you go!
The trends for this New Year’s Eve and holiday celebrations are all about glitz, glamour and sparkle with an “old Hollywood” feel. Whether you’re ringing in the New Year or dressing up for another holiday soiree, this season’s look is all about sequins, glitter and red carpet elegance.
As most ladies know, it can be expensive to achieve that Hollywood glamour look, especially for one special night. Lemongrass Spa Products has got you covered! Here are a few head-to-toe tips to keep you on the cutting edge without cutting into your bank account:
- Fuller Hair: To add height and fullness to your retro, bombshell hair-do, tease it at the crown, smooth over lightly with a bristle brush and spray with Lemongrass Spa Products’ 100% All Natural Hairspray to set. Smooth any fly-aways and achieve sleek ends with a spray of your favorite body spritz or a small drop of Organic Anti Aging Oil Serum warmed between your hands and smoothed throughout the ends of your hair.
- Consider one of our shimmering color eye shadows, such as Gold Rush, Amaretto or White Diamond. Apply with a wet brush to intensify the color and shine. Add a little sparkle to your eyes by putting White Diamond Eye Shadow on the inside corners.
- Use one of our illuminating Mineral Bronzers to glow all night long.
- Top any of our beautiful Organic Lipstick shades with Stardust Organic Lip Gloss for shine, shine, and more shine.
- If you’re wearing a lower neckline, don’t neglect your décolleté! Apply a light dusting of White Diamond.
- Looking for that perfect dress without breaking into next year’s savings? Take a look at thrift stores. You will be amazed at the selection and variety you can find. Many have been worn only once and some even still have the tags on! I have personally found designer cocktail dresses with tags still on for under $10. Look for rhinestones and sequins to BLING in the New Year!
- Lemongrass Ladies do not need to spend tons of money on hosiery to make their legs look fabulous. We have our amazing, emollient-rich Tangerine and Amber Glow Bronzing Butters to add a little color and glow. And if you can handle an all-nighter in heels, nothing makes your calves look more toned and sculpted than a little bit of height.
- If you are having a hard time finding the right color or style of shoe, again, try a thrift store. Even if you find the right style for the right price but the wrong color, buy them anyway! Take your dress with you to a local craft store, pick up some mod podge or fabric glue and match your dress to a glitter color (most craft stores have a huge array of colors). Lay out newspaper and pour out an ample amount of glitter. Apply a thin layer of glue all over the shoe with a sponge brush, let them dry slightly to where it’s tacky but not too wet and apply the glitter to your shoes. Let dry and… voila! Toto, we are not in Kansas anymore!
Last, but certainly not least…plan ahead and have a Cucumber Foot Care Kit on hand for January 1, 2015. Your feet will thank you after dancing the night or season away!
Have a safe and glamorous New Year!