Lemongrass Spa Blog
The Art of Aromatherapy Part 4: Expanding Essential Oil Collection
Plant essences have been used for thousands of years to harmonize mind, body and spirit. It is believed the aroma produced by a plant’s essential oil stimulates the sections of the brain responsible for emotions and memory to positively effects mood plus interacts with the body’s hormones to influence specific functions. As a compliment to our home spa experience, Lemongrass Spa unveiled an organic essential oil collection last year, and to further our commitment to providing both purposeful and indulgent products for the entire family, we’re introducing four divine new essential oils to the lineup.
Certified Organic Essential Oils
- Frankincense Oil (boswellia rivae). Steam distilled. Aroma: clean, woody and spicy aroma.
- Soothe mind, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, supports immune and respiratory systems
- Geranium Oil (pelargonium graveolens). Steam distilled. Aroma: floral, sweet, slightly herbal aroma with soft notes of rose.
- Relaxing, anti-inflammatory, helps calm nerves and fatigue, balances hormones, astringent for skin
- Lemongrass Oil (cymbopogon flexuosus). Steam distilled. Aroma: citrus, herbaceous and smoky.
- Anti-inflammatory, digestive aid, reduces cellulite, insect repellant, soothes headaches
Blends (combination of organic and wildcrafted essential oils)
- Pure Air Blend: blend of lemon, juniper berry, cypress, grapefruit, frankincense, myrrh and lemongrass.
- Cleansing, immune support, digestion aid, energizing and uplifting
Aromatherapy benefits of essential oils are achieved with two therapies: inhalation and application. Inhalation therapy is used for emotional and spiritual balance. For inhalation therapy, add a few drops of essential oil to a diffuser or combine with water in a spray bottle to mist throughout a room. To enhance your home spa experience, Lemongrass Spa is introducing two waterless essential oil diffusers. The Aroma To Go Portable Diffuser is a palm-sized diffuser, perfect for the kitchen, office or bedroom. Whether on a road trip or stuck in the carpool line, the AromaWave Car Diffuser will keep your vehicle charged with the benefits of essential oils.
Application therapy is for purification of the body. Add essential oil to Fractioned Coconut Oil or try in your favorite unscented Lemongrass Spa product. Massage onto skin, inhale and feel tension released from mind and body. See Precautions below for application therapy dilution recommendations.
- Always dilute pure essential oils prior to application therapy to avoid skin irritation and always avoid eye area.
- Children under 2 years of age: application therapy not recommended due to their delicate skin.
- Children 2 to 6 years of age: dilution rate of 0.5%, 2-3 drops of essential oil per 1 ounce of carrier oil.
- Children 6 – 12 years of age: dilution rate of 1%, 5 drops of essential oil per 1 ounce of carrier oil.
- Children over 12 years of age and adults: 2-3% dilution rate, 10-15 drops essential oil per ounce of carrier oil.
- Not for internal use. 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils are 70-100% more potent than the herb itself and improperly ingesting them can burn the esophagus, stomach and intestinal lining. Essential oils also break down during the digestion process, making them less effective as application or inhalation therapy.
- These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Essential oils enhance your home spa experience by releasing mind and body from daily stressors or transporting you through the aisles of your memory. I would love to hear how you use essential oils as well as your favorite essential oil blends.
To learn more about Lemongrass Spa’s essential oil collection, please read The Art of Aromatherapy Part 1: Launch of Essential Oil Collection and The Art of Aromatherapy Part 2: Benefits of Essential Oils
*New essential oil collection and diffusers will be available on March 9.