Pressed from seeds of the scrub jojoba [pronounced hoh-hoh-buh] oil stars in skincare products due to its numerous benefits. Comprised of fatty acids and fatty alcohols, this golden liquid isn’t oil at all but a liquid wax, and is loaded with vitamin E, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, myristic acid, iodine and the minerals silicon, chromium, copper and zinc.
Revered in folk medicine for its skin healing properties, studies on jojoba oil, as with many natural skincare ingredients, have only recently begun. A preliminary study on the effects of jojoba oil on mild acne, in which participants used a clay and jojoba oil mask, showed an average of 54% acne reduction, and jojoba was found to help speed the closure of wounds according to a 2011 study published in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology. Inflammation can be blamed for skin conditions such as eczema and acne, and a 2005 study concluded jojoba could help reduce inflammation. Results of these studies confirm why natural skincare manufacturers choose to use this ancient oil.
These are just some of the reasons to use jojoba oil:
- Suitable for all skin types
- Quick absorbing with no greasy residue
- Antibacterial & anti-inflammatory for soothing dry, itchy skin
- Increases hydration to skin
- Improves skin’s suppleness
- Fights the signs of aging due to high levels of antioxidants Vitamin E and Vitamin C
- Calms and heals sunburnt skin
- Removes buildup on hair follicles which can help reduce dandruff
Reap jojoba oil’s nourishing benefits by trying our now famous seasonal favorites such as Frosted Cranberry Hand & Body Soap, Perfectly Pumpkin Body Polish and Candy Cane Hand & Body Lotion. Or pamper your skin all year long with the #1 selling Healing Elements Balm, chapped skin savior Ultra Hydrating Body Crème and creamy new Men’s Essentials Shaving Crème, just to name a few.