Lemongrass Spa Blog
Keep Mature Skin Young, Bright and Healthy with Sheer Minerals
Hello Natural Beauties,
Recently I have seen many questions regarding more mature skin and its appearance with powdered mineral makeup. To this topic, I can speak with a bit of experience. A few precious months away from the big Five-Oh, I can tell you that I, like some of you, cannot wear the powdered minerals by themselves. Living in Colorado, my skin tends to be on the dry side and the powder alone can make my skin appear a little less youthful than I would like. I would LOVE to have the wrinkle and fine line free skin of my youth, but alas, those days are in my rearview mirror. However, hydrating and smoothing out the appearance of my skin with the Lemongrass Spa’s line of skin care and Sheer Minerals cosmetics is instrumental in keeping my skin healthy, moisturized and youthful.
Here are ten keys to keeping more mature skin looking young, bright and healthy:
- Dehydration is a wrinkles best friend. Drink plenty of water, herbal tea and juice.
- Pore Cleansing. When pores become congested with makeup, dead skin cells and dirt, they can appear larger and disrupt the smooth appearance of the skin. Using Microdermabrasion Crème and our clay-based facemasks once a week, as well as a daily toner, can cleanse and tighten the pores resulting in a smoother more youthful surface.
- Nightly Serum regime. I cannot express enough the difference I have seen in my skin since I began using the Organic Anti Aging Oil Serum. It has been astounding to see the change from dull and dry to bright and supple.
- Eye makeup remover. Pulling and stretching the skin around our eyes to remove makeup can damage the very delicate skin. Be gentle around this area that is so prone to damage. Use our emollient rich Organic Eye Makeup Remover for a dual-purpose eye makeup remover and vitamin rich healing moisturizer.
- Primer OR BB Crème. I wouldn't recommend using both since the BB crème acts as a primer serum and foundation in one and can create a little too much "slip" for your blush and eye color to stay in place. The last thing you need is to look like you are melting.
- If the BB Crème is not enough coverage for you, you can use both the powder and the BB Crème for a flawless finish. You can also combine your mineral foundation and your primer for the same effect. I like to tap a little bit of the powdered foundation into my Minerals Mate Mixing and Application Tray and then pump a small amount of BB Crème into a separate spot on the tray. Using my Kabuki Brush, I dab the brush into the BB Crème and then dip it into the powdered foundation and blend in a circular motion on my face. They blend beautifully and create a nice, light matte coverage without the tendency to "crack" in the wrinkles and fine lines.
- Onward and upward. Whatever you are putting on your face after the foundation, blend UP. Whether its eye shadow, blush or bronzer, defy the effects of gravity by blending color upward.
- Highlight to create a dewy look. Whatever blush or bronzer you have applied, mix it with a couple shakes of White Diamond Eye Shadow and dust on the prominent areas of your face (forehead, nose, cheekbones and chin) for a youthful sheen.
- Ending on the same note I began, hydration: Use your Mineral Setting Spray frequently throughout the day. Bring your makeup and skin back to life with a spritz of setting spray multiple times daily. It brightens the look of your makeup as well as moisturizes and plumps the skin. Neroli is also a fantastic anti-aging ingredient for the skin.
- Smile!! Nothing looks more youthful than a bright, welcoming smile.
“The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.” Audrey Hepburn