Deeply connected to our emotions, scents have the ability to transport us to different times in our personal history and affect our mood. Scientist believe this connection is partly due to the part of the brain responsible for processing scents, located next to the hippocampus, which is crucially responsible for handling and storing memories. Aromatherapy plays off of this relationship to enhance or change a mood.
Inhalation vs. Application
Aromatherapy benefits of essential oils are achieved with two therapies: inhalation and application. Inhalation therapy is used for emotional and spiritual balance. For inhalation therapy, add a few drops of essential oil to a diffuser or combine with water in a spray bottle to mist throughout a room. Application therapy is for purification of the body. Add essential oil to organic fractioned coconut oil or try in your favorite unscented Lemongrass Spa product. Massage into skin, inhale and feel muscle tension release while your mind is eased. See Precautions below for application therapy dilution recommendations.
Organic Essential Oils
- Lavender Oil (lavandula angustifolia). Steam distilled. Aroma: floral, fruity, herbal
- Balancing, soothing, calming, relaxing and healing.
- Lemon Oil (citrus limon). Cold pressed lemon peel. Aroma: clean, citrus, sugary
- Uplifting and refreshing
- Peppermint Oil (menthe piperita). Steam distilled. Aroma: minty, warm, herbal, with notes of greenery.
- Refreshing and cooling
- Tea Tree Oil (melaleuca alternifolia). Steam distilled. Aroma: warm, herbal, with notes of greenery
- Uplifting, cleansing and purifying
Blends (combination of organic and wild crafted essential oils)...