Lemongrass Spa Blog
2016 Makeup Trends
We are nearing the end of 2015 and while Pantone has announced their colors of the year for 2016, I don’t think we are going to say goodbye to Marsala anytime soon. Our Marsala Blush and Merlot Organic Crème Lipstick belong in our Sheer Minerals Hall of Fame! Classics transcend trends.
However, now that Pantone has announced their new colors, you can expect the fashion and design worlds will follow suit in makeup, clothing, accessories and home décor. The 2016 Pantone colors of the year are (drumroll please….) Rose Quartz and Serenity. Pantone threw us all for a loop when they announced the 2016 colors of the year; it’s the first time ever two complementing hues have been chosen. Rose Quartz is a cool soft pink reminiscent of the palest part of a rose petal. Serenity is a light fluffy powder blue, like a baby blanket. Together they look like sugary, airy cotton candy.
The following trends for 2016 are perfectly in tune with these new colors:
- Luminous, ethereal faces. Achieve this look with dewy Lemongrass Spa Sheer Minerals’ BB crème, highlighting the prominent parts of your face with Honey Glow or Sunset Bronzer.
- Pink cheeks. Use Sweet Cheeks Blush on the apple of your cheeks to achieve a light cherubic glow.
- Clumpy eyelashes. Yes, on purpose. The Twiggy look from the 60’s was all the rage on the Spring 2016 runways. Dust Matte Veil on your upper and lower lashes followed by a coat of Lemongrass Spa Organic Mascara and repeat, repeat, repeat.
- Minimal color on your eyelids for a fresh daytime look. Neutrals and pastels for iridescent peepers.
- Matte lip. Merlot or Cocoa Berry Organic Crème Lipstick for a nice neutral, matte lip.
- Foundation and blush remain the same for a nighttime look, but a dramatic lid is cutting edge. Use the Eye Shadow Brush and sweep just the eyelid to the crease in Azul, Smokey Eye or Silver Sky.
- The best rule of thumb, as always with a dramatic eye, is a neutral lip. Glossy lips are ‘in’ for evening. Stardust or Beach Babe is perfect for keeping it neutral.
- OR…go with a naked or winged eye and a bold lip.
- A bright red or berry lip is trending for evening. Siren Organic Crème Lipstick is the perfect go-to red. For a very berry lip, apply Moonlit Mauve Organic Crème Lipstick and top with Red Hot Organic Lip Gloss. It is GORGEOUS! For a deeper more muted berry, apply Merlot or Cocoa Berry and top with Red Hot Organic Lip Gloss.
- Feeling really bold? A black or black cherry lip is HOT for evenings in 2016. Apply Red Hot or Stardust Organic Lip Gloss, color the tip of your finger with Black Eyeliner and mix it in with the gloss on your lip for a dramatic black or black cherry. POW!
As we at Lemongrass Spa say goodbye to another year, we welcome a NEW year of staying on top of the trends, new looks and colors, while giving you the peace of mind of being FRESH, CLEAN and NATURAL!!
Best wishes to all for a BEAUTIFUL New Year!!!